Monday 4 October 2010

Squash

Where did September go? I managed to let a whole month go by without a blog post. I blame my friends for being born too close together: I've been to two 50th, a 40th and a 36th birthday get-together in the last month. We'll keep the karaoke quiet, as I'm sure that's what anyone within earshot was wishing for. On the food front, I was delighted to be invited to King's College for a great vegetarian meal to celebrate Ben's birthday, and yesterday I made my third visit to St John for a very carnivorous meal with Aaron.

Things have settled down a bit now and I hope to have a bit more time to keep you up to date with what's happening in my kitchen this month. Autumn is here, along with these wonderful squash from Riverford. I'm looking forward to cooking them over the coming weeks; there'll be some roast squash in there, a risotto, and a batch of Fergus Henderson's pumpkin and bacon soup. Speaking of which, I need to get my hands on some pork belly to start curing the bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment