Sunday 14 March 2010

Cocoa Brownies


I picked up a great recipe for chocolate brownies from Ashburton Cookery School, which we made on their Diploma Course. These brownies went down a treat with the class, and have been popular with the friends and colleagues I have baked them for since. Serve them warm with crѐme Anglaise and vanilla ice cream, and you have a delicious dessert.

Most brownie recipes I have seen include melted chocolate in the list of ingredients, so I was intrigued by this recipe on the Smitten Kitchen blog, which uses only cocoa powder. I bookmarked the recipe thinking that I would try it next time I made brownies. Today was the day, and they did not disappoint. I was worried that they might be dry, but they were deliciously moist and fudgy, just like a brownie should be. These will certainly be added to my repertoire.

No comments:

Post a Comment